5 Stylish Cheats on a Blah Day
It’s nasty and gross out, rainy and cloudy and it’s 5:45 time to get up for work. The last thing you want to do. Or maybe you were out last night and had way too much fun and are paying the price today, but you have to. What do you do when feel blah, want that extra time in bed, but you still have to get up and get dressed for work. Most of the time I’m guessing you say to yourself “I don’t care. I’ll throw something on and go. Today I don’t care what other people think today, I look good most other days.”
Honestly I have those days too. Everyone deserves those days. But there are ways to make those days look good, or at least better. I won’t sit here and tell you if you fake smile then eventually you will feel better. I won’t tell you to dress your best because then you will feel it. What I will tell you is cheats for these days.
5 Great Cheats for Dressing on Blah Days
- Find that one favorite outfit that just looks good no matter what the situation. That looks good with your hair a mess, or put together. That feels good even when you don’t. That fits like a glove. That is comfy yet cute.
- Own a great pair of black yoga pants. Put these on with a great top that covers the band of the yoga pants. Now you are comfortable. Throw on some fancier accessories and suddenly your yoga pants look like great outfit, but you are cozy in your sweats.
- Own at least one great bra. Ok I actually suggest you own a lot more than one, but they are so expensive. So if you must only have one, this is the day to bring it out. It will lift those ladies, and make even your nastiest of shirts look better.
- Own a great hat. There are mornings when I wake up and I know I need to shower, but it’s just not in me. My hair is a wreck. If I thrown on a cute hat that is work appropriate, and braid my hair, now I look fashionable and I cut my morning routine down by 25 minutes. If you can’t wear a hat at work, know an easy hairstyle that hides the greace. I recommend a low braid, or wear your hair loose with a few pieces tied back. Now it looks like a pretty mess. Whatever you do don’t pull your hair back in a tight pony. It shows the greace like crazy.
- Know that one item of make up that transforms you. I know we prefer to go out with all our make up on, but that’s not always possible, especially on these days. For some women it’s their foundation, for other’s blush or lipstick, for me it’s my mascara. Just a little mascara pulls out my eyes, and within seconds can give me a slightly better look. Make up is the first thing to get cut when I’m in a rush or feeling blah. However if nothing else I throw on my mascara so that at least I look a little made up. Make sure to always have that one go to piece in your bag. That way if you feel blah in the morning and don’t put anything on, later in the day when you have a moment you can at least add this.
So here is to all the blah, rainy, days that we would prefer to curl up in bed and be a bum. Now we can go forth in the world, looking just a tad better, but with little to no effort.